Sample Press Release & Editorials:
Since 2006 Dee Ann has developed and managed public relations and marketing campaigns, launched new schools, event promotions, media buys and designed marketing collaterals and website's for the following schools:
- Sequoia Choice Distance Learning
- Arizona Conservatory of the Arts and Academics (two campuses)
- Sequoia School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Sequoia Charter School Horne Campus
- American Heritage Academy (two campuses)
- Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark
During the 2008 Super Bowl, Dee Ann Deaton represented the Venue of Scottsdale and assisted with story pitching, per-event media/ interview coordination, event photography management, red carpet/event press management and story follow-up reports for high end celebrity events including: Hearts & Helmets Charity (1/30/08) hosted by Pamela Anderson and NBA star Shawn Marion, Vice-The Party (2/1/08) featuring LL Cool J, and Penthouse Desire (2/2/08) with Snoop Dogg. These events where covered by international, national and local press (see media results). Dee Ann also wrote, produced and negotiated/coordinated licensing and media buys for the Venue of Scottsdale Event TV Commercial, which aired on E!, VH1, ESPN ESPN2, NFL and the Discovery channels.
Other responsibilities included many concerts promotion, event photography, marketing collaterals design and website design.
Was co-founded by Dee Ann and is a promotional entertainment company that uses green screen technology to make event guest instant music video stars and promotes her clients long after the event. To learn more visit www.grooveheads.com.
Visions in Photography (2006-Present)
- Event and architectural photography
Contracted to develop, write, pitch, coordinate interviews and act as a co-spokesperson for three Litera media campaigns including: PredatorWatch product launch; Shea Homes National Support Contract with LiTera and Little Gym International Partners with LiTera. Read More
Marbecc Custom Design, LLC, (2007)
Six month contract as the firms Sales Manager and PR Coordinator. Projects included:
- Sales team development and management including: hiring and training new outside account representatives and managing daily activites.
- Develped new sales/ company database.
- Designed marketing brochures, postcards, business cards and website www.marbecc.net
In 1998, Dee Ann was contracted with the Arizona Department of Weights and Measures for a public relations pilot program. The success of the program turned from a twelve month to a seven year contract. To review what she accomplished for the agency choose a report.
- Weights & Measures Consumer Tip of The Monthnews segments that aired on Fox 10 morning show once a month for four years, ABC 15 Morning news once a month for two years, Univision and KVOA TV evening news for one year. These segments where 3 to 4 minutes in length that gave consumers buying tips that ranged from gasoline to turkeys (see story schedule) and provided the agency with millions of dollars worth of free publicity.
- ADWM's Corporate Education Program was developed, managed by Dee Ann who on many occasions also acted as an instructor. This program was presented to over 80% of the Retailers and Trade Associations in Arizona and contributed to a 45% increase in compliance.
- Weights and Measures National Media Campaign and "Using the Media to Your Advantage," written and presented by Dee Ann was adapted by the National Conference of Weights and Measures. The State of Montana also hired Dee Ann to conduct her "Using the Media to Your Advantage train workshop to six of their agencies.
- Young Consumer Outreach Program included; "Weights & Measures Day at grocery stores (yielded approximately $25,000 worth of free in-store advertising), “Getting To Know Weights & Measures,” school presentations to 4th - 12th grade students at many schools, Weights and Measures in a Junior High Civics Textbook 1/2 page article and Univision's "Back To School," events that reached the Hispanic communities.
- Researched and wrote a media campaign for the National Conference of Weights & Measures (NCWM) adapted in the NCWM Publication 16. This program also included a full day Media Training Workshop that many State agencies used to train their staff.
- Reported and counseled Senior Management and Governors office on the states gas crisis issues.
- Squoia Choice Student Graduates High School with two College Associates Degrees Michael is a Sequoia Choice student, who graduated this year with an Associate degree in Business and another in Science while earning his High School Diploma, made possible with Sequoia Choice's College Credit Program. READ MORE
- New school aims to train solar specialists - New school aims to train solar specialists, Mesa businesswoman Donna Marie Bertault recently opened eRenewable Resource Group, Read more
Community View Television Talk Show Producer, Policy Planner and Public Relations Coordinator, April, 2005- April, 2006
Community View Talk Show
Dee Ann produced and coordinated all aspects of 52 "Community View," talk show segments. Her main roles included: topic development, host talking points, b-roll, graphic and set design, guest coordination, creative and buyer of on air promotional spots, coaching talent, obtaining advertising sponsorship and acted as talent for voiceover announcements.
Dee Ann also reformatted show, negotiated air-play contracts and show budget that expanded viewership to KAZ-TV, KUAT and City of Peoria Channel 11 and created a on-line segment library (see http://acdhh.org/calendar_signout.asp).
Sign of the Week
Another notable public awareness campaign was the 15 second sponsorship segment called, Sign of the Week. that aired daily on CBS 5's Morning News broadcast from January 2006 until January 2007. This public awareness campaign focused on teaching American Sign Language (ASL) and promoted Arizona Relay Services by teaching views commonly used ASL phrases that where consisted of on-air demonstrations by nationally known Deaf actor, Anthony Natale (known for role in movie Jerry Maguire). Sign of the Week Resulted in greater awareness about: Arizona Relay Services and The Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and the deaf and hard of hearing community in Arizona. This exposure motivated many inquires from the hearing public about learning and using ASL and also paved the way for a statewide Interpreter recruitment campaign.
DeeAnn came up with the idea and wrote the segments, handled the media buy, obtained and coordinated the talent (who was also a featured guest on Community View) and production crew.
Other responsibilities as ACDHH's Public Relations Coordinator included:
- Researched, wrote, pitched and coordinated interviews for print, television and radio news stories.
- Copywriter, graphic designer and photographer for promotional collaterals including: print and electronic newsletters and ads.
- Co- legislative representative and bill tracker and agency liaison to community, nonprofit and government organizations.
- Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Campaing Development and Management
- Press Release Copywriting, Pitching and Interview Coordination
- Online and Social Media Marketing
- Special Event Development and Promotion
- Brand and Product Launches
- Grassroots Marketing/Advertising
- Sales Presentations and Training