Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing
- Reformatted and handled all facets of producing a total of 52 “Community View,” television talk show that aired on KAZ-TV, KUAT and City of Peoria Channel 11. All shows used three modes of communication, host voice over, American Sign Language and closed captioning. Responsibilities included: conceptualizing segments, writing scripts, developing show b-roll, promotional events, segment graphics, designing set, guest scheduling, creating on-air promotional spots, sponsorship development, PSA coordination, interpreter coordination, make-up artist coordination, writing and overseeing contracts and budgets, coaching talent and acting as voice talent.
- Developed and coordinated the Community View Segment Library, which took Community View global.
- Concept developer, contract writer, negotiator, talent scout and coordinator of the “Sign of the Week,” 15 second segment broadcast daily on KPHO CBS 5 morning news throughout 2006.
- Copywriter, story developer, promoter and spokesperson for print and television news stories.
- Copywriter, graphic designer and photographer for promotional collaterals including: quarterly print and electronic newsletters, annual reports and print ads.
- Legislative representative and bill tracker
- Agency liaison with various external groups, including: media, community and government groups.
The following are shows I Produced for Community View. All below shows are from the ACDD website.
From April 2005 until April 2006 I wore many hats that helped promote the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing including: Television Talk Show Producer, Policy Planner and Public Relations Coordinator. Projects included:
- Tutor Talk - Teachers provide tips for parents
- Better Hearing & Speech Month
- The World of the Deaf/ Blind - Special Guest Harry Anderson What’s Happening in Northern Arizona for People with Vision and/or Hearing Loss? & Better Hearing and Speech Month
- ADOT: Driving Toward the Future
- House, Pool, Road Safety - Phoenix Fire Department tells all
- Arizona Energy! - Issues, Policies and Money Saving Advices
- Summer Fun Series - Camping and Hiking Spots with the AZ State Parks
- The World of the Deaf/ Blind
- The Headache Institute Shows - New cutting edge treatments
- It's Back to School Time - New education programs, AIM’s testing and what parents should consider when preparing their children for the school year