Arizona Department of Weights and Measures
In 1998, I was contracted with the Arizona Department of Weights and Measures for a public relations pilot program. The success of the program turned from a twelve month to a seven year contract. As ADWM's Public Information Officer my responsiablities included:
- Managing the development and implimentation of all communication and public relations programs, including budgeting, print/radio/television media campaigns, promotional events. corporate seminars, training videos, television and radio public service announcements (PSA’s) and news stories.
The following pdf links summarize my annual accomplishments for ADWM, which where reported to the Governors office.
- Wrote, promoted, coordinated and was co-spokesperson for the "Weights & Measures Consumer Tip of the Month" monthly segments aired on Fox 10 morning show (three years), ABC 15 Morning news (two years), Univision and KVOA TV evening news (one year).
- Created and coordinated all marketing materials and agency collaterals including press releases, print/radio/television ads and PSA’s, electronic and print newsletters, tradeshow booths, training videos and books, inspection stickers and agency logo
- Website developer (www.azdwm.gov - note: site has changed) – including developing concepts, writing copy, designing graphics and overseeing contracts and production.
- Served as departmental liaison with various external groups, including: media, industry, community and government groups.
- Developed and facilitated statewide events, national conferences and corporate education program.
- Author, layout, graphic designer, photographer and production coordinator for management training book, “Top 10 UPC & Price Posting Compliance Tips,” used by retailers throughout Arizona for in-house training.
- Counseled senior management and Governors office on gas crisis issues.
- Developed and presented media training seminars for the National Conference of Weights and Measures and the State of Montana.